Part Time Administrator
The Association of Mortgage Intermediaries (AMI) is the trade body which represents the interests of residential mortgage brokers to government, regulators and other trade bodies. It is a not for profit, membership-based organisation which outsources its financial support.
It has an office base in Milton Keynes, although much of its work is done in London. We are looking for a part time administrator, based in Milton Keynes, to deal with a range of support tasks.
Initially the role will be for either 15 or 20 hours per week, which could be performed over 3 or 4 days with core hours envisaged as between 10.00am and 2.00pm. We can be flexible on this for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be self-disciplined, able to work independently and capable of prioritising tasks and issues.
This is a varied role involving:
- answering member queries and processing new membership applications
- ownership and administration of membership database
- ownership of mailings to members
- amending and updating website
- invoicing and credit control
- liaison with events company to organise annual dinner
- dealing with room bookings, post, stationery, expenses and filing.
As well as the above, there will be involvement in:
- assisting in the production of member newsflashes, newsletters and guidance notes on industry issues
- attending member and industry meetings and events
- preparing letters, presentations and reports
- undertaking other duties as determined by the AMI Chief Executive in-line with the overall job purpose and commensurate with the skills of the post holder.
Key Knowledge and Skills
- IT literate with experience in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- some knowledge of budgeting, cost control and invoicing
- reliability and adaptability
- good interpersonal and organisational skills
- communication and problem solving skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop constructive relationships with colleagues, AMI members and professional contacts.
Salary: Expected to be in the range of £10 to £12 per hour depending on skills and experience.
Benefits: 25 days holiday pro rata, 4 x salary death in service cover, non-contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance after probationary period.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (setting out how you meet the person criteria) by email with the subject ‘Part Time Administrator’ to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Sunday 19 January. Applications from third parties/recruiters will not be accepted.